Attendees vow to take action after Get Physical roadshows
A series of Get Physical workplace wellbeing roadshows were highly rated by attendees who now say they will be taking action in their own workplaces as a result.
More than 220 managers in the public and private sectors attended the roadshows held at Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, High Wycombe; Vodafone, Newbury; and BMW, Oxford, in November.
The aim was to share best practice about health and wellbeing in the workplace. Delegates heard presentations from the host businesses, NHS managers and GP Dr William Bird, of Intelligent Health.
In a survey of attendees, all the presentations scored highly. Delegates reported taking away a number of things they would do differently at their workplaces, including:
- organising more health and wellbeing events
- setting personal goals to take regular breaks, move more and have fun with physical activity
- finding what works for their organisation
- developing a health and wellbeing strategy for their organisation
- focusing on both physical and mental wellbeing
- signing up to the Workplace Challenge
The roadshows were attended by 223 delegates. More than half (122) were from industry, and there was representation from across the public sector and charities.More than nine out of ten of those who responded to the post-events survey said the roadshows fulfilled their expectation. They added that more time for action planning would have improved them.